Your vehicle must meet Virginia's emissions inspection requirements if it is garaged in one of the localities listed below:
- Counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, or Stafford
- Cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Manassas or Manassas Park
Inspections are valid for two years and may be obtained by having your vehicle inspected either by:
- Driving past a RAPIDPASS on-road emissions testing site. RAPIDPASS is an on-road emissions test completed in less than a second as a vehicle is driven past RAPIDPASS roadside equipment. To learn more, visit www.RAPIDPASS.org
- Visiting a certified emissions inspection station.
How do I know I if my engine needs immediate service?When it comes to your check engine light, here at Arlington Auto Repair Service, our auto repair and service specialists know check engine light codes and diagnoses. So when your check engine light is flashing, make sure you contact our center immediately and know that your car will receive the best care, all at the right price! We’ll scan your Car computer for codes and let you know exactly what type of problem you’re facing. If the problem needs further diagnosis or repair, we’ll tell you exactly how much it’s going to cost. In many cases the actual repair won’t be all that involved; sometimes it can be as simple as tightening the gas cap!
- Your check engine light in on
- Your check engine light is flashing
- Any other dashboard lights start to glow or blink